Building a home is a tedious task for the homeowner. They have to maintain a balance right from building a floor plan, designing, expenses, and spaces. While designing a home that suits everyone’s needs, requires too much thinking and balance. When it is time to decide about the flooring at home, many people get confused about tiles, carpets, and hardwood flooring. Is that all in options?
Well, two things bother a homeowner while deciding about flooring:
Vinyl and laminate flooring, both are good in these two references. They both are easy to install and within the budget of every individual. Once they’re installed nobody can differentiate, but will definitely appreciate your choice.
FlooringDomain is an online service company that connects people to their nearest flooring and carpet companies all over Brisbane, Gold Coast, Heads, Tweed, and other surrounding areas. If you’re looking for laminate flooring Gold Coast region and are unable to find any, then you can check this online site to get complete details about all companies near your area. They connect you to high-quality companies that provide flooring services like installation, repairing, sanding, polishing, removal, stripping, cleaning, etc.
Vinyl and laminate are within budget and a great alternative to expensive hardwood flooring. People often get confused with these two materials. They both look alike, but have slight differences.
What is Laminate?
Laminate is of wood by-products which are also known as floating or composite wood tile. It is made of multiple layers of fibreboard that are laminated or compressed together into planks. It floats on the existing floor which means it doesn’t need to be glued or stapled.
What is Vinyl?
It is a purely synthetic material. The base layer is generally, fiberglass which is coated with PVC vinyl as well as plasticizer. The core layer of vinyl is thick with multi thin layers of PVC vinyl. They too form floating flooring for existing floors.
Differences Between Laminate and Vinyl
- Laminate flooring provides realistic three-dimensional images that portray the image of materials that you want it to look like. For example, stone, ceramic, or wood.
- Most of the vinyl flooring looks realistic. Thick and solid core vinyl looks like wooden flooring.
Water and Heat Resistance
- Laminate flooring is a bad decision for areas where water is stagnant because after a few days it softens and swells. Even if it is dried, it cannot come back to its original shape and the only solution is to get it replaced.
- Old vinyl too had a problem since it wasn’t waterproof, but the latest vinyl material is made of polymer material which is considered good. Even if it’s immersed in water for a long time, it can be dried and reused.
- Laminate flooring cannot be wet cleaned. It has to be cleaned with a dry mop or a wet mop which is almost dry.
- Vinyl flooring can be wet mopped as well as scrubbed with cleaning products.
Durability and Maintenance
- Laminate flooring if comes in contact with water frequently, then after some time the layers eventually swell up. Once the top layer is scratched by any furniture or tool, then replacing is the only option left.
- Vinyl planks that are pasted with echo other with glue can loosen with time. Low-quality vinyl may delaminate, but luxury vinyl lasts longer.
Comfort and Sound
- Laminate flooring feels warm when laid with good quality underlayment.
- Vinyl feels cold and hard on feet when installed on concrete or ceramic tile floors.
Gold Coast is a coastal city in Queensland, Australia which often experiences humid summers. Flooring in every home in this city has to be water-resistant because of excessive moisture. Vinyl flooring is the best material for the Gold Coast. If you’re looking for good quality laminate and vinyl flooring Gold Coast location, then try the above-mentioned online site that will connect you to the best flooring companies in your area and will provide complete details about their projects.
All floorings require maintenance and cleanliness. If laminate flooring is good for living areas and bedrooms, then vinyl flooring is good for the laundry room, bathrooms and kitchen. In both cases, you can never be at loss.