Known as a major backpacking, camping, road tripping, and diving destination, Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. To be able to travel in Australia is one of the many dreams of so many travelers especially of those backpackers. When you think of the Land Down Under, it is impossible not think of the beach, the vast land of nothingness, the Kangaroos and Koalas, and the vibes of forever summer. From sun up to sun down, you’ll find yourself busy on things you can do here. When you go backpacking in Australia for your next travel in 2020, you can make use of a flight tracker like flightstatus24 to check and monitor the real-time status of your flight online. Being in-the-know regarding your flights will give you less hassle when traveling as you would know if there is any cancellation or delays on your flight. Another good thing about the website is that it can also give you information of regional airlines like Airnorth in Australia, not just for major airlines.
Withour further ado, here is the ultimate backpacking travel guide for Australia in 2020:
- Essential Items for Backpacking in Australia. When you pack for your trip in Australia, make sure to take only what are essentials with you for your trip, and avoid taking too much. Remember that every time you go, you will be bringing your bag with you always. You can pack light and whenever you need anything more, you can just buy it on your destination. The essentials that we are discussing here include your clothes, small medical kit, your toiletries, and other things like a key or combination lock for your safety, plastic bags, zip-lock bags, and your universal charger or adaptor.
- Top Things to See and Do. There are so many reasons to visit Australia and a few of the reasons why many people keeps on coming back in this beautiful country is because of its beaches, weather, its wildlife, and its scenery. Still on our top destinations to visit in Australia include:
- Sydney- Famous for its Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge. This large city has range of activities to keep you busy.
- Uluru- One of the most famous attractions that can be found in Australia, Uluru is an iconic rock formation that hides ancient wisdom and a bounty of diverse flora and fauna.
- The Great Barrier Reef. This iconic reef is the largest in the world and is a natural wonder on its own. A visitor in the Great Barrier Reef can enjoy experiences like snorkelling, diving, kayaking, helicopter tours, and even whale watching and swimming with the dolphins.
- Melbourne. A great place to relax and experience Australia. This city is much more relaxed than Sydney, with fewer crowds and better music.
- The Outback. Your trip in Australia wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the outback. It is a great place to be in the wild to find crocodiles, valleys and lakes, and the red desert.
Other things to see and do in Australia include exploring the Fraser Island, going to Cairns, hiking the Daintree, and surfing on the Gold Coast.
- Where to Stay. Hostels are a backpacker’s best friend when traveling in Australia, not only is it cheap, staying in a hostel also allows you to meet fellow backpackers who you can share your stories and travel experiences with. Australian hostels are of a very high quality and are often recognized by numerous backpacking awards. There are also a bunch of AirBnB options in Australia as well. AirBnB is a good choice if you are traveling with a group of people as it is much cheaper if you will be dividing your accommodation cost than opting into hostels. Of course, there is also the camping, which is most probably the best way to sleep in Australia either by tent or a campervan. There is nothing else better than to be sitting next on a campfire in the middle of nature. Sleeping under the stars, with the wonderful nature around you is the best feeling ever.
- How to Get Around Australia. There are two ways of getting around Australia and it is through public transport and the other one is with your own vehicle in the form of car rentals and campervan. Using public transport is the cheapest way to travel around Australia but it can be a bit tiresome sometimes. One of the most reliable bus operator in Australia, the Greyhound, offer hop-on-hop-off travel passes that is convenient if you will be hopping in and off between your destinations. Train is also great but is quite expensive.
By far the best way to get around Australia is by driving your own vehicle through car rental or with a campervan. Driving your own car will give you freedom to stop and go in any destination you want to visit. Buying your own campervan especially if you are planning on staying in Australia for a long time will allow you more flexibility as this can also be used as your accommodation when traveling. You can also try to sell it after your travel.
- Food. Food can be expensive in Australia and the best way to save money for your food is by cooking your own food. Every hostel has a kitchen, and you just need to buy your groceries in the store to prepare your food. Keep eating out to a minimum as your expense in eating out in a restaurant or a fast food chain can be used already for your others expenses in your travel.